What is Social Media Marketing (SMM) ?
Social Media marketing is a type of Internet marketing which includes a process of attaining more and more traffic through social media sites. Social media itself is a “catchy” term for sites that provide thoroughly different social actions. For example, Twitter is a social site on which you only share short messages or updates. In contrast, Facebook allows you to share updates, photos, videos, etc. We can say that Facebook is a full-blown social networking site.
SMM works on the principle of organic search. It means that when a website or its associated social network page is more active, the ranking of the website on search engine results page rises. When a user searches something on Google then he/she interested in the first page results. Only a few of them move forward to the second or third page. So, the ranking on the first page of the search engine is the only goal when optimizing a website.
What is SMM used for?
- It increases brand awareness- Social media is one of the best, easiest, cost-effective way to reach users/consumers and create awareness of your website among them. SMM is done by creating good quality content that users of social network sites share with their friends. The point of SMM is to get direct feedback from users so the company gets a personal stamp at the same time. With the help of SMM, you can create awareness among users, through which you can start building a reputation of a website. How to create a brand want to learn join our smo coaching in Indore at Tech forest.
- It builds real relationships- One of the biggest advantages to choose social media for marketing is that you can directly collaborate with the customers. You can read their status updates, posts, etc. which can help you to adjust marketing efforts to better call to them. By viewing customer’s updates, you are familiar with their interests. Only when you know customers interests, you will know what to post on social media and increase the chances for them to connect with your content.
- Improves ranking and traffic-If you want to drive more traffic to a website, social media is very helpful. Search engine crawlers continually on move and they know which web pages constantly earns traffic and which does not. Combining the proper posting of unique content, with an organic SEO strategy on social media channels, you will earn a higher ranking and drive traffic to these optimized pages.
Platforms for Social Media Marketing
Different social media websites access, so develop a unique strategy for each platform.
- Using Facebook for SMM-Facebook is the most popular social networking site, nowadays. The environment of Facebook is very user-friendly and requires an active strategy for social media marketing. Organic reach on Facebook can be extremely limited so adopt a cost-effective Facebook strategy. It can have a big bounce on organic Facebook presence as well.
- Using Google+ for SMM- Google+ entered in Digital world as a Facebook competitor but now it serves a more alcove audience. Google+ allows you to upload and share photos, videos, links, etc. Google+ gives you an advantage of Google+ circles. It allows you to make sections of followers into small groups. Through this you can share information with some followers, barring the others.
- Using Pinterest for SMM- Pinterest is one of the fastest developing social media marketing trends. You can imagine Pinterest as a web-based bulletin board, but with greater organizational functionality. Through Pinterest people also interact with each other. It has liked, commenting, re-saving features also.
- Using Twitter for SMM- Twitter is one of the most popular SMM tools. It allows you to broadcast updates across the web. Through twitter, we can increase our social media circle by increasing followers.
- Using Youtube for SMM- Youtube is a very prominent SMM tool in this Digital World. Through Youtube channels, you can do the marketing of products. It has a review feature also through which you can get reviews of customers. It also helps to earn money by monetizing ads in videos.