What is Ethical Hacking?
Hacking is done to gain unauthorized access to the computer system or computer network. It is done to harm the system or to steal any sensitive information from the computer. If hacking is done to find the weaknesses in the computer system or network system for the purpose of testing.its called Ethical hacking.
A computer trainer who performs hacking is called “hacker”. Hackers are those people who seek knowledge, to grasp how the system operates, how they are designed and then make an effort to play with the systems. There are various types of hacking such as-
- Website hacking
- Network hacking
- E-mail hacking
- Ethical hacking
- Password hacking
c c++ training in Indore, c c++ classes in Indore - More Info Click Here
Skills to become an expert ethical hacker
1. BASIC SKILLS- An ethical hacker must be a computer expert and needs to have very vigorous knowledge of computer networking and programming skills. An ethical hacker needs to have patience, persistence, as well as perseverance to try again and again and must wait for the required result. It requires a lot of effort to become an expert in this field. Once you are on this track, you would need to focus on the updated technologies and the security systems. Apart from this, an ethical hacker should be smart enough to understand the circumstances and other users’ mindsets to apply social engineering tactics. A good ethical hacker should be equipped with great problem-solving techniques too.
2. BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS- To become an ethical hacker you must need computer skills. These skills go beyond the capability to creating a word document or jaunt the Internet. You need to be capable to use the command line in Windows, edit the registry and setting up the network parameters.
3. SCRIPTING SKILLS- Without scripting skills, the hacker will be entrusted to use other hacker’s tools. This restricts your effectiveness. With the latest technology, everyday a new tool came into existence loses effectiveness as the security admins come up with defenses.
4. EXPERT IN LINUX SKILLS- It is acutely critical to developing the Linux skills to become an expert ethical hacker. As we know most of the tools we use as an ethical hacker are developed using Linux. Also, Linux gives the potential that we don’t have using Windows.
5. MASTERING COMPUTER NETWORKING SKILLS- An expert ethical hacker must be equipped with the knowledge of networking skills. This includes Network communications, network topologies, TCP/IP fundamentals, IP addressing, TCP/UDP protocols, standards, and organizations.
6. SECURITY CONCEPTS- As an ethical hacker, you must be updated with the latest security concepts and technologies. The hacker must be familiar with the terms like PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), SSL (Secure Socket Layer), firewalls, etc.
7. WEB APPLICATIONS AND DATABASE- In recent years, web applications are probably the most fertile ground for hackers. An ethical hacker should understand how web applications work and the database behind them.
8. WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES- To hack the wireless network, you must need to know about wireless technology. A proficient ethical hacker must be familiar with the terms like encryption algorithms (WEP, WPA, and WPA2), WPS, and the four-way handshake.
9. SERVER SKILLS- Server skills play a major role in the career of an ethical hacker. As an ethical hacker, it is an essential need to understand the servers. For example, Apache web server, DNS, ADDS, TELNET, FTP, Squid proxy, Samba, and more servers.
10. REVERSE ENGINEERING- Reverse engineering is also termed as back-engineering. It enables us to open a piece of malware and re-build it with extra features and capabilities Reverse engineering plays a major role in ethical hacking. Every new malware uses its components from other existing malware.
COURSE OFFERED BY TECH FOREST
There are numerous institutes which offer an ethical hacking course in Indore but Tech forest is the only institute that provides well-organized and systematic course material delivered by expert faculties. We cover all the aspects of this course from basic to advance level. The course provided by Tech forest institute will teach students about network & server management, scripting, website development, vulnerability assessment, and Penetration Testing. The students will go through the above-mentioned modules, step by step till Penetration Testing. The mainstream of the course will fall into three segments starting from network management to development and last assessment. For the students’ satisfaction, every module would be done practically with proper tools and guidance.
In this course, the student will learn how attacks modify privileges and what steps needed to secure the system. This module includes Windows server management, Distributed file system, Active Directory Domain Services, File Services, and many more. This module includes Overview of the Linux, Booting and Shutting down Linux, Managing Software and Devices Configuration, Shell and Perl Scripting, Controlling Processes, The Linux File System, System Backups, Basic Networking, The Apache Web Server, Troubleshooting of the System. Additionally, it includes Penetration Testing, fundamentals of Linux, Information Gathering, Detecting Live System, Enumeration, Hacking Unix/Linux, Advanced Exploitation Techniques, Vulnerability Assessments, Malware, Windows Hacking, Networks, Sniffing, Ids, Wireless Networks Penetration Testing, SQL Injection, Web Application Penetration Testing, and Cryptography.
Our course is divided into three levels-
1. BEGINNER LEVEL- This is the most basic level of ethical hacking course. In this level, the students will gain knowledge about the fundamentals of hacking. In this level, we mainly focus on the Windows server and Red hat Linux server.
MODULE 1- Networking fundamentals and Lab setup
- Definition of Network
- Classifications of network
- Network Topologies
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- IP addressing
- The IPv6 standard
- Virtual machine
- Network setting with virtual machine
MODULE 2- Windows server management
- Understanding the windows server environment
- Overview of Windows server and its administration tools
MODULE 3- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Overview of DHCP server
- Configure DHCP scopes
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
MODULE 4- Domain Name system
- Deploy a DNS Server
- Configuring DNS client settings
MODULE 5- File services and Distributed file system
- Overview of Access control
- Distributed file system overview
- Configuring DFS namespaces and replication
- Implementing file screening
MODULE 6- Configuring and securing remote
- Configuring a VPN connection
- Overview of network policies
- Integrated network access protection with VPNs
- Configuring VPN enforcement by using NAP
- Overview of Deploying direct access and remote office requirements
MODULE 7- Managing windows server backup, restore, and recovery
- Planning and Implementing file backups on Windows server
- Planning and Implementing file recovery
- Recovering active directory
- Troubleshooting Windows server startup
- Implementing Windows server backup and recovery
RED HAT LINUX SERVER
MODULE 1- Introduction to Linux
- UNIX, Linux, and open source
- What is Linux?
- The Directory structure of Linux
- Linux installation and its Login method
MODULE 2- Linux basic commands
- Find Your way (ls, pwd,cd)
- Create, remove directories and files (mkdir, touch, rmdir, rm)
- Copy, Move and rename file directories
- Cat command, Less command
- Compression and Archiving tools
MODULE 3- Text editor
- Cat, Nano, Vi/Vim
MODULE 4- String processing and finding files
- String processing (head, tail, wc, sort, cut, paste)
- String process (grep)
- String process (awk) and String process (Sed)
MODULE 5- Users, groups, and permissions
- Users and groups
- Adding, Modifying, and Deleting Users accounts
- Working with groups, Root Login
- File permissions and Directory permissions
- SUID Bit and SGID Bit
MODULE 6- Package management
- Installing packages using RPM
- Installing packages using Yum
- Yum repositories
MODULE 7- File system and disk management
- Parted and Fdisk utility
- Quota management
- SWAP (Partition and files)
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Software RAID
MODULE 8- Network configuration and controlling services
- Network configuration and network controls
- Is service active? Is service enabled?
- Start, Restart, and stop services
MODULE 9- Security, managing process, and monitoring tools
- Securing Shell
- Process management
- VMSTAT and IOSTAT
MODULE 10- Servers
- DHCP and Apache webserver
- FTP, Telnet, TFTP
- Samba and PXE (Preboot eXecution Environment)
After completing the beginner level of this course, let’s move on to the next level that is Intermediate level. Beginner level creates a base for the student about ethical hacking. An expert ethical hacker must be familiar with the above stated two most popular servers. In the Intermediate level, you will learn about Python, Ethical Hacking, and Penetration testing.
MODULE 1- Python Setup
- Python installation (Windows)
- Python installation (macOS, and Linux)
- IDE selection (Pycharm, and Jupiter)
- Virtual Environment Variables
MODULE 2- Python Objects and Basic data structures
- Numbers, Strings
- Print formatting
- Dictionaries, Tuples, Sets and Booleans
- Python comparison operators
- Python statements
- Methods and Functions
MODULE 3- Object-Oriented programming
- Objects, Classes, Methods
- Special methods
- Modules and Packages
MODULE 4- Input/output file handling
- File Open in Write mode
- File Open in Append mode
- File Open in Read mode
- File Write and File Close
MODULE 5- Advance Python Modules
- Collections Module (Counter, Defaultdict, OrderedDict, Namedtuple)
- Python Debugger
- Regular Expressions and String IO
- Advance Python Objects and Data structures
ETHICAL HACKING AND PENETRATION TESTING
MODULE 1- Kali Linux fundamentals
- Kali Linux history and Introduction
- Kali Linux GUI Desktops
- Kali Linux commands
- Tar and Zips
- Compiling programs and identifying software packages
- Passwd and Shadow file formats
- Octal representation
- Network services
- Fundamental network configuration files
- Network control scripts
MODULE 2- Introduction to Penetration Testing and Ethical hacking
- Introduction to Hacking
- Hacking phases
- Defense in depth
- Vulnerabilities and Vulnerability research
- What is Penetration testing?
- Penetration testing methodology
- Security policies and steps to implement policies
- Disaster recovery and Risk management
- Plan testing and execution
MODULE 3- Footprinting
- Footprinting concepts and methodologies
- Footprinting using search engines
- Website footprinting
- E-mail footprinting
- Footprinting using Google
- WHOIS footprinting
- DNS footprinting
- Network footprinting
- Footprinting using social engineering
- Footprinting using social networking sites
- Footprinting tools
MODULE 4- Scanning networks
- Scanning network concepts and methodologies
- Check for Live systems
- Banner grabbing
- Scanning beyond IDS
- Scan for vulnerability
MODULE 5- Proxies, VPNs and, TOR
- Proxies servers and their use for attacks
- Proxy chaining and proxy tools
- HTTP tunneling tools and techniques
- Spoofing IP address
- TOR-anonymous Internet access
- Working of TOR
MODULE 6- System Hacking
- Windows hacking and security
- Cracking passwords
- Escalating privileges
- Executing applications
- Hiding files
- What is Steganography?
MODULE 7- Malware threats
- Trojan concepts and Trojan infection
- Types of Trojans
- Trojan detection
- Anti-Trojan software
- Virus and Worms concepts
- Types of viruses and worms
- Malware analysis and detection methods
MODULE 8- Sniffers
- Sniffing concepts
- MAC attack and DHCP attack
- Spoofing attack
- DNS poisoning
- Sniffing tools and sniffer detection techniques
MODULE 9- Denial of Service attack
- DoS concepts and DoS attack techniques
- Denial of Service attack detection techniques
MODULE 10- Session Hijacking
- Session Hijacking concepts
- Session Hijacking in web applications
- Session Hijacking in Network and Client level
- Automating session hijack attacks
- Hacking web servers and web applications
MODULE 11- SQL Injection
- Why SQL Injection matters?
- Understanding SQL queries
- Methods of SQL Injection attacks
- Discovering schema and extracting data
- Advanced SQL Injection concepts
- Defending against attacks
- Evasion techniques
- Automating attacks
MODULE 12- Hacking Wireless networks
- Introduction of wireless networks
- Wireless network attacks
- WEP attacks
- WPA attacks
- Advanced attacks against WPA
MODULE 12- Mobile Hacking
- Mobile platform attack vectors
- Hacking Android OS
- Android Rooting
- Android Trojans
- Android device tracking tools
- Android vulnerability scanner-X-ray
MODULE 13- Evading IDS, Firewalls and Honeypots
- Introduction of Firewalls
- Firewall architecture and its types
- Firewall evasion tools
- Honeypots and its types
- Introduction to IDS
- Insertion and evasion attacks
- IDS penetration testing
MODULE 14- Buffer Overflow
- Buffer overflow
- Stacks and stack overflow
- Heaps and Heap overflow
- Format strings
- Integer overflow
- Defense against Buffer overflows
- Buffer overflow security tools
MODULE 15- Cryptography
- Introduction of cryptography
- Types of cryptography
- Data encryption standards (DES)
- RC4, RC5, and RC6 algorithms
- RSA (Rivest Shamir Adleman)
- Cryptography tools
- Public key infrastructure
- Digital signature and SSL
- Brute force attack
- Codebreaking techniques
3. ADVANCE LEVEL
This is the master level of ethical hacking training course. After completing this level, the student will be able to build a portable hacking station. This level includes the following modules-
MODULE 1- How to build a portable Hijacking station?
MODULE 2- Wifi network jammer
MODULE 3- Evil access point
WHY JOIN TECH FOREST FOR ETHICAL HACKING COURSE?
In our training institute, you will learn to assess computer system security by using penetration testing techniques. Our course prepares you to crack the exam of Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). The certification of CEH opens-up numerous career opportunities. You can exceed in various fields such as CND analyst, CND incident responder, intrusion analyst, security manager and many more.
Our institute provides the best ethical hacking course in Indore with expert teachers and updated courses. If you have a deep interest in learning cybersecurity and ethical hacking, then enroll for our institute. There are many scopes of ethical hacking in the future because everyone wants to make his/her system/network secure. And to maintain security, ethical hacking plays a vital role.
Tech forest is India’s No. 1 institute which offers an ethical hacking course with CEH certification. Today, most of the IT departments made CEH certification compulsory for security-related posts. Also, CEH certified professionals earn 45% higher salaries than non-certified peers. The certification course of ethical hacking opens up various opportunities in this field. The students can make their bright career as a Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst, CND auditor, Intrusion analyst, security manager, and other high profile jobs.
Reasons to choose tech forest-
- Tech forest provides well-qualified faculties in the field of ethical hacking.
- To provide individual attention, we will make small size of batches i.e., normally of 7-8 students only.
- The course offered by Tech forest is CEH certified and the students will get certifications after the clearance of examination.
- Tech forest provides the best ethical hacking training and conducts workshops all over the world to extend its domain expertise to the students for better security.
- Tech forest provides the facility of online learning through the blog. Students who miss our lectures can gain knowledge with the help of online tutorials.
- We believe in the essential theory and maximum practical sessions.
- We held seminars and workshops on the current topics of system hacking.
- We provide study material with essential tools and practical sessions.
- Students from our institute get placed in many reputed companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, IBM.
Today, many of the top industries hiring ethical hackers because security is the most important issue in every sector of the industry. Either we talk about banking, finance, insurance or information technology, security is the most important factor to which we cannot compromise.
Data reveals that the average salary of an ethical hacker is $132K. By 2019, the job opening for ethical hackers reached up to 1.5 million. By 2022, the Ethical hacker market is expected to grow to 36.5%. Ethical hacking is an invaluable skill and nowadays, certified ethical hackers are in high demand and they have the potential to earn up to 8.5 lakhs a year. Tech forest is an accredited training partner of the EC-Council and offers a CEH course in Indore that is designed by our industry experts. Tech forest offers the support of 24x7 live teaching assistance for any of your immediate queries. Let Tech forest helps you make the most of your current or future cybersecurity career with a demanding training course for CEH certification.
Software testing training Indore, software testing classes Indore - More Info click here